DIY :- Aquafaba, Lemon Juice + Almond Oil
If you have tried Egg Whites in your home DIY face masks, you know exactly why this ingredient is coveted. The protein in the egg white makes your skin taut, gives you an even skin tone with a gorgeous natural sheen. I particularly love the result with this ingredient during my period when my skin feels dry and dull! It just perks it up.
However, I have received a few requests on recommending a Vegan alternative to Egg White. And if there is a suitable replacement to any animal by product then why not? We at VAUNT are always happy to explore various possibilities and we VAUNT the best.. sorry I couldn’t resist the pun 🙂
Introducing AQUAFABA ! Aquafaba is water that you collect after soaking a cup full of chickpeas over night.
This ingredient is great way to tightened pores, even skin tone and heal blemishes or acne.
Aquafaba – cup full of chickpeas
- Wash thoroughly and soak a cup of chickpeas over night or longer, until you see thick foamy liquid on top.
- Whip the chickpea water at high speed into a light foam like meringue.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice
- 2 drops cold pressed almond Oil
Apply evenly all over face. Leave for 10-15 minutes or until dry.
Rinse with Luke warm water.
- Make yummy Hummus with the remaining chickpeas and get your protein dose for the day!